Our mission is to save Linux users from their unproductive habits.
And in this online course, you will learn:
- What’s one of the best terminals to use (just a hint: you need that split screen functionality).
- How clipboard managers memorize the things you copy, so you don’t have to.
- How to use the greatest/biggest/most intelligent :)) console editor since humankind appeared. Yes, it’s Vim. And we’ll dive deep into its usefulness.
- Zsh and it’s awesome oh-my-zsh framework featuring over two hundred plugins for developers and productivity seekers.
- Extensive lessons on terminal commands: how to find and replace text, parts of text, tiny bits of text … or even non-text.
- How to use pipes and subshells to create customized commands that automate day to day tasks.
- And much much more.
All of this, plus:
- The repository where you have all our scripts.
- And an eBook containing not only all the examples mentioned but our very words and explanations (yes, including all the bad grammar you may notice through the lessons).
Jokes aside, this course is for all the programmers that are new to the Linux environment.
But who are we?
Petru: the infamous coder with many years of Linux experience. He types like crazy, loves doughnuts and has Linux wired in his brain! After discovering Linux and switching through a different distribution every week, annoying his girlfriend with tons of geeky stuff, now he annoys everybody with geek talks and the latest news in the tech world.
He spends his time coding frontends… backends… databases… Linux servers and clouds.
Bogdan: the desertor! He went through more than 20 Linux and Unix distributions including Plan 9, HP-UX and all of the BSDs. But after his girlfriend left him because he spent way too much time in front of the computer he… switched to Mac.
Now he spends his time teaching over seven thousand six hundred twenty four student in his 8 online courses.
And we are here to help you double your terminal productivity!
If you don’t know how to use sed, if you’re not that used to pipeing commands, if you use the default terminal and if you are still using BASH then this course is for you.
Join us now and double your terminal productivity!
Bogdan Vaida burst onto the training scene in 2009 using extremely old Powerpoint presentations. Luckily, 2 years later he switched to experiential trainings and learning by doing, methodologies that he practiced devotedly into all of his trainings. Known for his no-nonsense approach to getting results, Bogdan has been told that he helps participants get their own “insanely practical insights”.
What does he do? He travels around the world doing experiential trainings in fields ranging from time management to personality typologies and trainer training.
While doing this he also manages his online courses that have over 7624 students from all over the world.
In 2015 he beat the record for total time spent in airports.
If you want to see what he is teaching just do one of the tests on the Online Personality Tests page.